New Year, New 8a Documents
Happy New Year 2014, small business owners!
Now that the calendar year has changed, your 8(a) application will need the following documents updated:
1. Obtain a new Certificate of Good Standing dated 2014.
2. Prepare your year-end 2013 balance sheet, profit and loss statement, aging of accounts receivable, and aging of accounts payable.
3. Refresh your Certificate of Insurance for 2014.
4. If you do not yet possess two consecutive years of federal tax returns for your business, prioritize the completion of your taxes for the year 2013, which are absolutely 100% required for 8(a) certification in 2014. Furthermore, your year 2013 company taxes must show some revenue on them to get 8(a) certified.
5. Be sure to obtain current copies of any lease agreements (e.g., if your office lease renews annually, obtain the most recent addendum or attachment covering 2014.)
The SBA recently updated its list of mandatory 8(a) documents here.
We wish you and your business the best in 2014!